- Open Source Workshop #2 - Voyage Linux Introduction
- Spam protected email address for mailman archive
- Subversion to DVCS - Your mindset has to change as well
- DNMA92, ath9k and hostapd with Voyage Linux
- Slides for Open Source Developer talk at SFD
- Open Source Developer talk at Software Freedom Day 2009 HK
- Building compat-wireless drivers for 2.6.30
- leds-alix2 module in 2.6.30 kernel
- squashfs 4.0 on Debian Lenny and 2.6.30 kernel
- Upgrade Debian Etch Xen 3.0.2 to Lenny Xen 3.2
Building compat-wireless drivers for 2.6.30
ath5k driver in 2.6.30 does not support AP mode. After a bit of research, it was found that the latest
First, download bleeding-edge source code and extract it. As describe here, you cannot use wget to automate the download of compat-wireless-2.6.tar.bz2, which contain all the latest codes of wireless drivers. However, the tarball with a date in the file name (e.g. compat-wireless-2009-07-10.tar.bz2) can. So browse this directory and download the tarball with the current date accordingly:
# cd /usr/src/ # wget http://wireless.kernel.org/download/compat-wireless-2.6/compat-wireless-2009-07-10.tar.bz2 # tar -jxf compat-wireless-2009-07-10.tar.bz2Since I build the drivers for Voyage Linux kernel, I need to specify KLIB and KLIB_BUILD to different directory. Otherwise, "uname -r" will be used to determine your kernel version.
# cd /usr/src/compat-wireless-2009-07-10 # make KLIB=/usr/src/linux-source-2.6.30-voyage/ \ KLIB_BUILD=/usr/src/linux-source-2.6.30-voyage/This will built all modules /usr/src/compat-wireless-2009-07-10. To get all the .ko driver modules, it is more tricky and you need to specify the correct variables accordingly.
# mkdir -p /root/compat-wireless # make -C /usr/src/linux-source-2.6.30-voyage/ \ M=/usr/src/compat-wireless-2009-07-10 \ INSTALL_MOD_PATH=/root/compat-wireless modules_installNow all the latest drivers are now installed to /root/compat-wireless so that I can transfer the driver modules from there to my ALIX board using scp easily.